|I have this much time available
||Here's what I can experience
|1 - 2 hour visit:
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the easy, 1-mile Merkle Trail. The Merkle Trail is an interpretive trail and is accessible to strollers and wheelchairs.
- Take a hike up to the Wind Cave on the Wind Cave Trail. This trail is 3-miles round-trip, and gains 812 feet in elevation. This is the park's most popular trail! You don't have to hike all the way to the cave to enjoy a scenic hike - just go as far as you want on the trail and return.
- Create a scenic 3.2-mile loop hike by starting out at the Trailhead Staging Area. Head east on the Blevins Trail (start at the kiosk) and turn north (left) on the Cat Peaks Trail. Turn west (right) on the Meridian Trail, then turn northwest (right) on the Blevins Trail back to the Trailhead Staging Area.
- Stop by the nature center to say "hello" to the friendly staff and receive useful information about the park. While you're there, check out the critter viewing center and peruse the products in the retail area. Whether you need a bottle of water, a postcard for a relative back home, or are looking for a book on the Sonoran Desert, the nature center has you covered!
- Pack a lunch, round up your friends and family and enjoy a picnic under a shaded ramada in the picnic areas.
- Attend an interpretive program hosted by the park ranger or park host. Most programs are included in your park entry fee. Please check the calendar of events for program dates and times.
|2-3 hour visit:
- If you have a couple of hours to spend in the park, you could hike one of the suggested trails mentioned above, as well as attend an interpretive program hosted by the park ranger or park host. Most programs are included in your park entry fee. Please check the calendar of events for program dates and times.
- Enjoy a scenic 4-mile round-trip hike out to "The Viewpoint" on the north end of the Pass Mountain Trail. Stunning views of numerous mountain ranges and wilderness areas can be seen from there.
|3 hour visit:
- Start at the Trailhead Staging Area and create your own loop hike by hiking a combination of trails in the south end of the park. The Blevins Trail, Moon Rock Trail, and Cat Peaks Trail are the most popular trails in this area of the park.
- Create your own combination of options listed above under "1 - 2 hour visit."
|4-5 hour visit:
- Hike our longest and most challenging trail in the park: the Pass Mountain Trail. This 7.5-mile loop trail will reward you will beautiful Sonoran Desert landscapes, endless vistas, and a healthy workout!
- Create your own combination of options listed above.
- Are you interested in learning about our fascinating Sonoran Desert plants and animals? Attend one of the park's exciting interpretive programs and learn all about them! The park provides both indoor and outdoor programs, as well as daytime and nighttime programs for all ages. Most programs are included in your park entry fee! Please check the calendar of events for program dates and times.
- Want to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow? Each month, the park offers Archery 101 and Archery 202 classes where participants can learn archery in a fun and safe environment. This program is included with the park entry fee and all the equipment is provided. Please check the calendar of events for program dates and times.
- Don't miss...the Ranger highly recommends the monthly "Full Moon Hike" and "Animal Flashlight Walk." Please check the calendar of events for program dates and times.