Contract Management

Are you interested in becoming a concession vendor?

To operate any commercial activity or business venture within park boundaries, you will be required to obtain a Commercial Management Concession Agreement (CMCA).  A CMCA is the preferred agreement for a concession operation that is mobile and/or not affixed. Examples of CMCAs include, but are not limited to:

  • Food and drink vendors.
  • Guided tours include fishing, hiking, boating, kayaking, paddleboarding, mountain biking, and equestrian.
  • Scuba “open dive” certifications only (all training prior to Lake Pleasant open dive certifications shall be held at appropriate training facilities and will not be allowed under a CMCA). 

What you want to consider about being a CMCA concessionaire:

  • A CMCA agreement does not guarantee access for entry into any County Park (i.e., the park is closed due to overcrowding). 

  • The CMCA agreement is only to operate a commercial business or activity within County Park(s) boundaries. 

  • A CMCA agreement does not grant exclusive rights to use a specific site or area within the County Park(s).  Where you set up, hours of operation, etc., are at the discretion of the Park Supervisor.  

  • A CMCA agreement does not allow driving around the County Park(s) soliciting business, set-up in camping areas, or set-up within the RV parking areas.

    • For Lake Pleasant:

      • Click here for Lake Pleasant 10-Lane map for drink/food vending allowable areas.

      • CMCA’s are not allowed to set up or pick-up participants at Scorpion Bay Marina (on Scorpion Bay docks or in Scorpion Bay parking lot).

      • The CMCA does not give you access to Pleasant Harbor Marina or conduct your commercial activity at Pleasant Harbor Marina. 

  • In addition to the CMCA agreement with Maricopa County Parks and Recreation, all applicable state and local permits and licenses are required.  Click here for requirements.

  • CMCA applications are evaluated based on the following general criteria:  

    • The proposed good(s) and/or service(s) relate to the recreational use of the park(s) to be served.

    • The uniqueness of the proposed concession at the County Park(s) to be served.

    • The professional standing and business history of the proposed Concessionaire.

    • The proposed presentation of the good(s) and service(s) to be offered and the method by which they are proposed to be delivered.

    • The need for additional service providers.

How do I get started?

Step 1: Understand what is required.

Familiarize yourself with the agreement, insurance requirements, additional documentation, and anticipated concession fees.   

  • Each CMCA agreement is completed using a standard agreement template.  Review the sample agreement for your type of business to understand the agreement terms and requirements.     
    • Food/drink vendors or commercial sales/services (guided tours for fishing, boating, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, equestrian). Click here to review the sample agreement for general commercial activity.
    • “Open Dive” Scuba certifications. Click here to review the sample agreement for Scuba certifications.
  • CMCA insurance requirements are regulated by Maricopa County Risk Management Department and are not negotiable. Click here to review insurance policy requirements. 
  • As a CMCA, you will be required to provide additional documentation during the application process, depending on your type of business. Click here to review requirements to be submitted with application.
  • CMCA application and annual concession fees are payable to Maricopa County Parks and Recreation. Click here to review required concession fees.

Step 2:  Contact the County Park(s)

Once you have reviewed the requirements and are ready to proceed, contact the Park Supervisor for each County Park where you want to conduct your commercial business. They will review the parameters for doing business in their specific County Park. You should keep notes of your conversations, as each County Park will have various options for set-up of your commercial business. 

Step 3:  Apply to become a CMCA vendor

Once you have familiarized yourself with the CMCA requirements and discussed your business plan with the Park Supervisor(s), you are ready to apply.    

Via email, you will submit a .pdf scan of the following:

  • ONE completed application form. Click here for the application.
  • Attached additional required documents. Click here for requirements.

Upon receipt of your application, we will call you to pay the non-refundable $150 application fee via credit card. The application will not be reviewed until the non-refundable $150.00 application fee is received.

Step 4: Application Review and Approval

Review and approval/denial of a CMCA application take approximately five to ten business days. If questions or issues arise during this process, our staff will contact you directly.  

Upon approval of your application, the following items must be completed:

  • You will receive an electronic copy of the CMCA agreement for your signature. Sign and return the agreement as instructed.
  • The annual concession fee is due at this time. You will be invoiced and receive instructions on how to pay the annual concession fee.
  • As a CMCA concessionaire, you will receive vehicle tag(s) (CMCA vehicle entry pass(es)) that allow you free entry to conduct your concession operation at the County Park(s). This pass is to be used for your commercial use only and not for personal use. Personal use of the CMCA vehicle entry pass(es) will be considered a violation of the agreement, which will result in the termination of the agreement. You will need to let us know how many passes are required for your concession operation (i.e., if you have five guides, you will be issued five CMCA vehicle entry passes).

Once all items have been received, Maricopa County will sign the contract, and you will be notified of a start date. 

Step 5: Start operating!

Contact the Park Supervisor(s) and let them know that you are ready to start your concession! Direct communication with the Park Supervisor is vital to your success in conducting business at the County Park(s)!   

Still looking for more information on becoming a concession vendor? Contact us via email with your questions at maricopacountyparks@maricopa.gov.

Web site design and development by Americaneagle.com