Commercial Management Concession Agreements (CMCA): A CMCA is the preferred agreement for a concession operation that is mobile and or not affixed. This type of agreement is utilized when use of the park is for a commercial activity or business venture for reoccurring events by the same vendor/operator during the course of the year. Examples of CMCA’s include, but are not limited to, scuba certifications, food and drink vendors, commercial sales and/or service offerings (i.e. guided tours for fishing, boating, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, equestrian).
- A CMCA does not grant an exclusive right to use a specific site within a County Park.
- The preferred term of a CMCA is up to two (2) years with a provision for automatic renewal of one (1) year unless either party gives prior notice of its intent not to renew.
- CMCAs are available on a “first-come, first-serve” basis upon the approval of a CMCA Application. A sample CMCA is attached to the CMCA Application. All CMCA Applications are approved by the Director of Maricopa County Park and Recreation Department.
- The CMCA Applications are evaluated on Best Value based on the following criteria, which include but are not limited to:
- The proposed good(s) and/or service(s) to be offered by the concession and how the proposed concession relates to the recreational use of the Park(s) to be served; and
- The uniqueness of the proposed concession at the Park(s) to be served; and
- The professional standing and business history of the proposed Concessionaire; and
- The proposed presentation of the good(s) and service(s) to be offered and the method by which they are proposed to be delivered; and
- The need for additional service providers.
5. CMCA Concession Fees and insurance requirements (regulated by Maricopa County Risk
Application, attachments and non-refundable application fee payment of $150.00 (Administrative Fee) is to be mailed or hand delivered to:
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department
Attn: Contract Administrator
41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Road
Morristown, AZ 85342
If you prefer to email, you may pay the non-refundable $150.00 Administration Fee via credit card. Send the application and attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org an invoice will be generated from which you can make credit card payments by calling 928-501-9200. Application will not be reviewed until the non-refundable $150.00 Administrative Fee is received. To download a copy of the application, click here.