|HASSAYAMPA RIVER PRESERVE
Park and Visitor Center hours:
May 1 - October 31: The Preserve is open Wednesday through Sunday from 7 am to 4 pm. Trails close at 3:30 pm.
November 1 - April 30: The Preserve is open Wednesday through Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm. Trails close at 4:30 pm.
LAKE PLEASANT REGIONAL PARK
Main Park Entrance hours: May 1 to October 31 - 5 am to 9 pm daily / November 1 to April 30 - 6 am to 8 pm daily.
Lake Pleasant Regional Park is anticipating TEMPORARY closures into the summer. The decision to temporarily close sections of the park will be based on:
- increased holiday/weekend traffic,
- parking lot and shoreline limits exceeding capacity, and/or
- high water levels limiting shoreline availability (seasonal).
Once activated, a temporary closure means:
- Main entrance: No new entries/re-entries will be allowed until after 4 pm on that day.
- North entrance: No new entries/re-entries for the remainder of the day.
Please check the alert section on the website (teal banner) and parks Facebook page before visiting. Closures implemented by Lake Pleasant Regional Park do not impact Pleasant Harbor Marina (east side of the lake).
NORTH ENTRANCE (4-lane boat ramp)
The North Entrance Station is open daily from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. - gate closes/locks at 8 p.m. ALL visitors must depart by 8 p.m.
- Shoreline camping is not available in this area.
Access is currently permitted for hikers at the Cottonwood Day-Use Area, watercraft launchers from 4-Lane Boat Ramp, and shoreline day-use access within Fireman's Cove. No shoreline access at Cottonwood Cove until further notice.
CASTLE CREEK/4-LANE BOAT RAMP: Ramp is all that will be open.
- Campers are required to enter the park between 1 pm and 8 pm the day of their arrival.
- No entry access available between 8 pm and 5 am.
- NOTICE: ALL campsites and restrooms in the Roadrunner Campground will be TEMPORARILY closed from July 5, 2022, to December 31, 2022. And, effective January 5, 2022, reservations for ANY date in that range will not be accepted online or in person.
From July to December, contractors will be making electrical and water line upgrades to ALL 75 campsites and park host sites.
These upgrades will enable the maintenance staff to make repairs to individual breakers versus closing multiple campsites at a time.
When additional details become available, the information will be posted on the website at - www.maricopacountyparks.net/park-locator/lake-pleasant-regional-park/park-information/park-projects/. [NEW]
- Option for fishing when the park entrance is closed: Pleasant Harbor Marina
- Options for night fishing after 8:00 p.m.:
- If using Boat-in/Angler camping or Pleasant Marina, the following applies:
- Anglers may night fish on the lake as long as watercraft remains in open water. Once the watercraft is beached on the shoreline, that becomes shoreline camping, which is not permitted in the park. This could result in a citation.
- The main entrance to Lake Pleasant Regional Park closes at 8 pm. All park visitors, excluding those with camping reservations, must exit the park by this time.
- Boat-in campers may leave the park between the hours of 8 pm and 5 am, but will not be able to return/arrive during that time.
- The following trailheads are accessible at this time: Agua Fria, Beardsley, Brown, Cottonwood Day-Use Area, Frog Tanks, Pipeline Canyon Day-Use Area, Roadrunner, Wild Burro Day-Use Area, and Wild Burro Trailheads.
AGUA FRIA CONSERVATION AREA
- Upper parking lot access available year-round.
- Middle parking lot access is expected to be available from January to March.
- Agua Fria boat launch parking area is projected to be available at the end of February through March/April. Check the Agua Fria Fishing Schedule page for current updates.
- The Bald Eagle Closure for the Agua Fria Arm has been lifted. Watercraft may access the Agua Fria Arm from the main part of the lake.
- Swimming and fishing (with a valid license) are allowed at the lake.
SCORPION BAY MARINA
- Individuals visiting Scorpion Bay Marina should contact the marina for further information on how the changes will impact their visit.
|SPUR CROSS RANCH CONSERVATION AREA
Park hours: May 1 to October 31 - 5 am to 9 pm daily / November 1 to April 30 - 6 am to 8 pm daily.
- The Conservation Area will accept payments via annual passes, Cave Creek resident cards, and cash at the entry station.
- Checks will not be accepted.