ESTRELLA MOUNTAIN REGIONAL PARK: PROPOSED MASTER PLAN AMENDMENT
TOPIC: Junior National Foundation - Expansion of existing Tres Rios Golf Course.
PURPOSE: To provide golf programs for underserved youth in the Maricopa County communities.
REASON: Expose at-risk youth to experiences and opportunities they may not have access to; this includes developing skills in operating a business.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Junior National Foundation, a non-profit organization, will invest approximately $24 million to renovate the existing Tres Rios Golf Course and build a new course:
• New 18-hole championship golf course
• 5,000 square foot Junior Resource Center
• Expand or new Golf Maintenance facility
• New and remodeled golf course restrooms
• 20,000 square foot new clubhouse with underground cart storage
IMPACTS: Due to the proposed expansion, Parks may need to reroute several trails.
SURVEY LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EMRPMasterPlanUpdate
GRAPHICS: To view an enlarged version of the map(s), please click on the map. The maps are large and may take a couple of moments to launch. The maps are .pdf documents so you will need to have the appropriate software to launch them.
Junior National Championship Golf Course - Exhibit A
Junior National Championship Golf Course - Exhibit B
MASTER PLAN PROPOSED AMENDMENT TIMELINE:
- July 13, 2022 – Post for public review and comments – 30-day review period
- August 3, 2022, @ 5:30 pm – In-Person Public Meeting @ Estrella Regional Park Nature Center
- Presentation by Junior National Foundation
- August 11, 2022 – Close of public review and comment period
August 16, 2022 (tentative) September 27, 2022 (tentative) – Junior National Foundation presentation to the Park Commission
August 31, 2022 (tentative) September 28, 2022 (tentative) – Board of Supervisor Formal Meeting