The conservation area is a different experience when seen softly illuminated by the silver moon. While we will attempt to minimize the use of flashlights, bring one in case you need it. Meet at the main trailhead area where restrooms and picnic tables are located. Please bring exact amount for the park entry fee as no change can be given.
Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail. At these times when social distancing is not possible, masks that cover both the mouth and nose must be worn.
Registration is required for this program. Attendance is limited to 10 people, no exceptions. Please call the Nature Center at (623) 465-0434 to check on availability and register for this guided hike.
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required while in the entry station.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.