Saturday, January 23, 2021
09:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Lake Pleasant Regional Park
41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd.
Morristown, AZ 85342
(602) 506-2930 ext. 2
Join the ranger for an easy hike learning about the desert on the Cottonwood Trail.
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED, Only 10 people per hike, Call 602-506-9557. Here is a fun short easy hike to go look at the desert with the ranger. This hike is on a rolling trail not heavily traveled, so it is a good trail to see wildlife. The hike is 2 miles and will be around 1.5 hours. Restrooms and water available at trailhead. Meet at the Cottonwood Trailhead, accessed through the North Park Entrance. Wear good hiking shoes and bring your water bottle.
Please bring a mouth/nose mask for when you are less than six feet from others (required).
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.