Saturday, January 23, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Hassayampa River Preserve
49614 U.S. Hwy. 60 89
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
(602) 506-2930 ext. 9
Have you ever wondered about the Preserve's historic stand of palm trees? Click on the program title for details on this event where your questions will be answered!
We will have a discovery station down on the trails from 10:00am-12:00pm where you can learn about the Preserve’s historic stand of California fan palms with Ranger Eric. Learn about how these tropical trees are able to grow in the desert Southwest and their importance to both wildlife and native cultures! Did you know that these palms were sourced from a native population in Arizona? Find out more! No registration required.
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains. Check weather forecasts and bring layers if needed.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger an explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Stay home if sick. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.