Friday, November 19, 2021
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
San Tan Mountain Regional Park
6533 W. Phillips Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
(602) 506-2930 ext 7
Learn about butterflies, identification and their food sources on an easy stroll with the ranger. Click program title for registration information.
Join the ranger for an easy stroll around the Nature Center and nearby Littleleaf Trail to learn about butterflies that can be found in our desert. You will see some of the plants that are vital to these special creatures during different parts of their life cycles and get tips on butterfly identification. You can also find out how to get involved in Maricopa County’s new butterfly monitoring initiative and other ways you can contribute to local butterfly research. Limited to 10 participants. Registration required by calling the San Tan park office at 602-506-2930 x7.
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation COVID guidelines:
- Program limited to 10 participants. Registration required by calling the San Tan park office at 602-506-2930 x7.
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks may be recommended during these stops.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.