Lake Pleasant Regional Park
PADDLE FEST 2019
SATURDAY, APRIL 6TH 8AM - 5PM
North entrance to Lake Pleasant Regional Park, Fireman's Cove. 7 pm Friday evening paddle clubs presentation: Adventures and Lessons Learned Over 1,700 Miles, One Paddle Stroke at a Time
Location: Off Hwy 74 (Carefree Hwy) at MP 19, follow signs from the main entrance off Castle Hot Springs Road to the north entrance of Lake Pleasant to Fireman’s Cove.
What is Paddle Fest you ask? It is a great time for everyone to come out to Lake Pleasant Regional Park and try different forms of paddle craft (sit on top, touring, sea and Hobie pedal kayaks, outriggers, rafts, white water kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards)! You can bring your own paddle craft too. The event also offers an array of fun activities, free to use demo water craft (in a designated cove), and live music!
Who can attend? Anyone, so bring your family and friends! Life-vests are provided and required for water recreation participation. Bring your water clothes and plan on getting wet!
What is the cost? Only the $7 per vehicle and $2 paddle craft (if bringing your own) park entry fee, includes the event to try out demo watercraft in the cove and to join the fun activities. There is a ½ hour limit on trying each paddle craft.
Make sure to wear a swim suit or clothes you can get wet. Bring a life vest if you have one, if not the event will provide loaner life vest for people on the water. Don’t forget your water, sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, money for food, and shoes you can get wet. Bring your family and friends for a fun time trying out all sorts of fun paddle craft! Follow the “Paddle Fest” signs once close to the park.
If you plan to camp, please arrive early on Friday, space is limited. Fireman’s Cove is located just inside the north entrance to Lake Pleasant Regional Park. From Carefree Highway, head north on Castle Hot Springs Road past the main entrance to the stop sign and turn right to enter the park.
- 6:00AM - Motorless Fishing Derby at Lake Pleasant – Call Brian or Dallas for Details .Sign-in starts at 5:30am and begins around 6pm. Sign-in/start is at Fireman's Cove. Derby last for about six hours. For details go to: www.lowergear.com/kayak-fishing-tournaments. Brian Soefje 480-297-9590 or Dallas Shewmaker 480-348-8917.
Photo Contest (Sun-up to 4PM) See Stage for details! (Dave - Paddle AZ)
- 8AM - 5PM - “TRY OUT A PADDLE CRAFT” ALL DAY 8AM – 5PM. See shoreline booths for free demo rides on kayaks, canoes, Hobie pedal craft, stand up paddleboards, and rafts. You must stay inside Fireman’s Cove with demo paddle craft, and there is a ½ hour limit use per each paddle craft.
Start of the “Build-a-Boat” Contest – A very fun activity! (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures) Teams make a boat out of provided materials anytime between 8am and 2pm, and then one member has to paddle it against the competition at 3pm, great fun!
- 9AM - 5PM - *****MUSIC by DARRON WESTON AND THE GANG***** On Stage throughout day (darrontheguitarguy.com)
- 9AM - Kayak Paddle Tour around Helm Island (Desert Breeze)
- 9:30AM - Locomotion Race #1 – A hoot! (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures)
- 10:00AM - DARING ADVENTURES POKER PADDLE – Help and have fun! (Daring Adventures) Chip in and help Daring Adventures Program which supports people with disabilities through kayaking and other outdoor adventure opportunities.
- 10:30AM - SUP Yoga Demo Class (Desert Lotus Paddle Boards) How to Plan a Kayaking Expedition (BOW South Expeditions)
- 11:00AM - Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga (45 min) – Try it! (No Snow SUP)
- 11:30AM - Locomotion Race #2 – Crazy fun! (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures)
- NOON - Scavenger Hunt Paddle – A funny challenge! (Lake Pleasant Regional Park). How to Prep and Pack Food for a Kayak Camping Trip (BOW South Expeditions)
- 1:00PM - Father-son & Mother-daughter kayak races (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures)
- 1:30PM - SUP Yoga demo class (Desert Lotus Paddle Boards)
- 2:00PM - Locomotion Race #3 – Last chance! (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures)
- 2:30PM - Kayak Paddle Tour around Helm Island (Desert Breeze)
- 3:00PM - THE FUN “BUILD-A-BOAT” RACES! (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures)
- 3:30PM - Stand Up Paddle Board Fitness and Yoga – Feel the burn! (River Bound Sports)
- 4:00PM - Portage Paddle Race – Teams of two tests their grit! (Lake Pleasant Regional Park)
- 4:30PM - RACING WITH RAFTS (Adventure Encounter/South by Southwest Adventures)
- 5:00PM - All Demo Paddle Craft must return to shore.
- 7pm Saturday evening paddle clubs presentation: Paddle It Forward, Inspiring Youth through Paddle Sports
PADDLE FEST BOOTHS & SPONSORS
- Ability 360 Sports and Fitness Center
- Adventure Encounter - South by Southwest Adventures - Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals, Guided Trips & Outdoor Adventures
- American Canoe Association (ACA) - Paddle Sports Safety, Education and Training
- Arizona Game and Fish Department Paddle Sports and Safety Education
- Arizona Moments - Area Adventure and History
- Bow South Expeditions
- Costa Sunglasses - See your adventures more clearly
- Daring Adventures - Adventures for people with disabilities
- Darron Weston Guitar Entertainment - darrontheguitarguy.com
- Desert Breeze Kayaking Tours
- Desert Lotus Paddle Boards - Rentals & Yoga
- Desert Mountain Paddlers Meetup
- Desert River Kayak Outfitters - Paddle Trips, Kayaks and Paddle Boards
- Go Paddle AZ "SUP and Kayak Lake Pleasant" Rentals, Tours, Lessons, SUP Yoga, Fitness and Special Events
- Just add Water Paddlers Meetup
- Kayak Arizona Meet Up - We Luv To Yak!
- Lowergear Outdoors - Your Hobie Kayak Dealer, Kayak Rentals and Paddle Gear
- Luv 2 Stan Up Paddle - Sales and Tours
- Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department Paddling Program
- No Snow Stand Up Paddle Board Shop - Rentals, Sales, Tours, SUP Yoga and Lessons
- Old Town Canoes and Kayaks - Helping You Find Your Adventure
- Paddle Arizona Meetup
- Phoenix Kayak Club Meetup
- Riverbound Sports Paddle Company - Paddleboards, Inflatable Kayaks, Rentals, Sales, Lessons, Paddleboard Fitness and Yoga Classes, Tours
- Riverproof - NRS Dealer With Sales, Rentals and Repairs, We carry Maravia and Aire Rafts as well as Jack's Plastic Gear
- Southern Arizona Paddlers Club
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary - Boating and Paddling Safety
Here's what you missed at PADDLE FEST in the past!