Friday, May 14, 2021
06:30 PM - 07:30 PM
San Tan Mountain Regional Park
6533 W. Phillips Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
(602) 506-2930 ext 7
Join the San Tan Valley Master Gardeners as they lead you on a casual and educational trail stroll. Limit 10 participants per group leader.
The San Tan Valley Master Gardeners invite you to join them for an evening that celebrates the saguaro cactus on an easy to moderate trail stroll. Mother Nature may treat you to a saguaro blossom in the process of opening or perhaps a bat drinking nectar and pollinating the bloom. Of course, you will see the beauty of a sunset behind our magnificent mountains! During the walk they will talk about the significance of the saguaro in our environment and share some fascinating fun facts with you. Suitable for all ages. Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes and bring water and a camera. Binoculars recommended. Please have exact $7 cash for the Self-Pay station or your Annual Pass. Meet at the Main Trailhead map kiosk. Limit 10 participants per group leader.
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation COVID guidelines:
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.