Welcome to the San Tan Bikes sponsored "Night Shredders"! If you’re looking for an adventure where your trail riding abilities will be challenged, then look no further than the Night Shredders. When you’re on a bike on the trail at night, every bump, dip and shadow give an extra pop of adrenaline. Darkness heightens your senses, sharpens your skills and makes you feel more alive. And isn't that why you bike in the first place? Our policy, “No Rider Left Behind,” means we ride together in a group for safety reasons. It is mandatory to wear a helmet and please bring plenty of water, an extra tube and tools to change a flat tire, and 2 sources of light; LED rechargeable lights with at least 650 lumens. Why? The desert gets very dark at night. Riders under 18-years of age must complete a Parental Consent form. Hope to see you on the trail soon. Meet at the flagpole. Limit 10 riders per group.
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation COVID guidelines:
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.