Friday, April 09, 2021
04:30 PM - 05:30 PM
San Tan Mountain Regional Park
6533 W. Phillips Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
(602) 506-2930 ext 7
Hike with the ranger to learn about desert wildflowers, plants and animals. Registration required. Limit 10 participants.
Join the Ranger for a 2.2-mile loop on San Tan, Stargazer and Moonlight Trails. Learn about the plants and animals in the park and identify wildflowers that may be blooming. Wear closed-toe shoes and bring water and a hat. Please have your annual pass or exact $7 cash for the self-pay station. Meet at the main trailhead map kiosk/picnic table. Limit 10 participants. Registration required by calling the park office at 602-506-2930 x7 for San Tan.
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation COVID guidelines:
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.