Saturday, February 27, 2021
08:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Hassayampa River Preserve
49614 U.S. Hwy. 60 89
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
(602) 506-2930 ext. 9
Learn about the resident and wintering birds of desert riparian areas on this guided walk with Ranger Eric. Click on program title for more details.
Join Ranger Eric for a guided bird walk from 8:15-10:15am to look and listen for resident and wintering birds within the diverse desert riparian habitat of the Hassayampa River Preserve. Winter often brings rare surprises! Along the way we will discuss how to identify birds by sight and sound, and about the behavioral and ecological traits that make them unique. BYOB (Bring Your Own Binoculars). To register, please call the Visitor Center at 928-684-2772.
- Registration is required and space is limited. Registration is required for all programs unless otherwise noted and capacity for each program is limited to 10 people, no exceptions. Please call the Visitor Center at 928-684-2772 to register for and check on availability of programs. If you find you cannot attend a program you have registered for, please call the Visitor Center to let us know so we can open up your space(s) to those on the waiting list.
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains. Check weather forecasts and bring layers if needed.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger an explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Stay home if sick. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.