PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED, Only 10 people for this paddle, Call 602-506-9557. This paddle is for people who are more experienced paddlers and have their own equipment. We will be paddling across the main north bay, around Barker Island, and then returning. We often see deer and bald eagles on this island. Follow the "Pleasant Paddlers" program road signs to the Castle Creek launch area, just north of the boat ramp. Arrive early, we would like to launch at 9am.
Please bring a mouth/nose mask for when you are less than six feet from others (required).
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.