Saturday, November 14, 2020
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
White Tank Mountain Regional Park
20304 W. White Tank Mountain Road
Waddell, AZ 85355
(602) 506-2930 ext. 5
These little creatures are everywhere! Come see some of these amazing species that call White Tank Mountain Regional Park home.
Arthropods, creatures with exoskeletons, segmented bodies and jointed appendages, are abundant and active throughout the year within the park. Arthropods include mites, ticks, scorpions, spiders and insects. In fact, 84% of all known animal species are Arthropods! Join Ranger J.D and Volunteer Jack outside the Nature Center as we discuss some interesting members of this fascinating group.
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger an explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.