Purpose statement. The purpose of the Administrative Division is to provide strategic direction, leadership, administrative and financial support to the Director and employees of the department so they can produce the results necessary to achieve the departmental mission and vision.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the administrative, support and contract activities of the department. This includes, but is not limited to, budget, financial management, accounting, personnel and performance management, office management and information technology systems
- Responsible for Department budget preparation, maintenance, forecasting, and monitoring through financial analysis, including grant budgets and special revenue funds
- Prepare and present the Department’s operational budget and capital needs, including financial resource issues
- Plans and oversees the use of financial resources, based on operational and strategic planning direction, expenditure approvals, and completes special projects and studies as assigned, including fixed asset management, cost of service and cash control. This includes coordinating strategic issues with Parks & Recreation Department Commission
- Develop, implement, and monitor administrative policies and procedures
- Maintains department policies and procedures
- Review, analyze, and monitor administrative programs, services, functions, and management practices for efficiency and changes for improvements
- Provides direct oversight and support of the department information technology including hardware, software, technical support and liaison with County IT for computers, phones, wireless devices, etc.
- Maintains and provides technical support for the department point of sale and reservation system, infrastructure and hardware
- Provides direct procurement management, services and technical support
- Negotiate and write contracts such as Use Management Agreement (UMA’s), Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA’s), and other contracts; ensures all County requirements and language in final execution of contracts
- Monitors all contracts, ensuring compliance of all terms and conditions to include maintaining and accounting of contract revenue; coordinate renewals and extensions
- Develop department standards for all contracts and special use permits in accordance with County Risk Management; ensure compliance by department