Lake Pleasant Regional Park
PADDLE FEST 2017
SATURDAY, APRIL 8TH 8AM - 5PM
Location: Off Hwy 74 (Carefree Hwy) at MP 19, follow signs from the main entrance off Castle Hot Springs Road to the north entrance of Lake Pleasant to Fireman’s Cove.
What is Paddle Fest you ask? It is a great time for everyone to come out to Lake Pleasant Regional Park and try different forms of paddle craft (sit on top, touring, sea and Hobie pedal kayaks, outriggers, rafts, white water kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards)! You can bring your own paddle craft too. The event also offers an array of fun activities, free to use demo water craft (in a designated cove), and live music!
Who can attend? Anyone, so bring your family and friends! Life-vests are provided and required for water recreation participation. Bring your water clothes and plan on getting wet!
What is the cost? Only the $6 per vehicle and $2 paddle craft (if bringing your own) park entry fee, includes the event to try out demo watercraft in the cove and to join the fun activities. There is a ½ hour limit on trying each paddle craft.
Make sure to wear a swim suit or clothes you can get wet. Bring a life vest if you have one, if not the event will provide loaner life vest for people on the water. Don’t forget your water, sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, money for food, and shoes you can get wet. Bring your family and friends for a fun time trying out all sorts of fun paddle craft! Follow the “Paddle Fest” signs once close to the park.
If you plan to camp, please arrive early on Friday, space is limited. Fireman’s Cove is located just inside the north entrance to Lake Pleasant Regional Park. From Carefree Highway, head north on Castle Hot Springs Road past the main entrance to the stop sign and turn right to enter the park.
- 5:30 am
- Motorless Fishing Derby at Lake Pleasant – Call Brian for Details - Sign-in starts at 5:30a.m. You must sign-in by 6:15 am. Sign in and start is at Fireman's Cove. Derby finishes at 12:30 pm. For details, contact Brian Soefje at (480) 297-9590.
- Photo Contest (Sun-up to 4PM) See Stage for details
- 8 am - 5 pm
- TRY OUT A PADDLE CRAFT ALL DAY - See shoreline booths for free demo rides on kayaks, canoes, Hobie pedal craft, stand up paddleboards, and rafts. You must stay inside Fireman's Cove with demo paddle craft, and there is a 1/2 hour limit use per each paddle craft.
- All Day Whitewater Kayak Demos at the ACA Booth!
- Start of the "Build-a-Boat" Contest - A very fun activity!
- Teams make a boat out of provided materials anytime between 8 am and 2 pm, and then one member has to paddle it against the competition at 3 pm, great fun!
- 9 am - 5 pm -
- 9 am
- Kayak Snake Race - Now this sounds like fun...be there!
- 10 am
- Daring Adventures Poker Paddle - Help and have fun! Chip in and help the Daring Adventures Program which supports people with disabilities through kayaking and other outdoor adventure opportunities.
- Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga (45 min) Try It!
- 11 am
- Whitewater Tricks Demo - Come see it!
- 11:30 am
- 12 pm (noon)
- Scavenger Hunt Paddle - A funny challenge!
- 1:30 pm
- Learn About Kayak Sailing!
- 2 pm
- Portage Paddle Race - Teams of three test their grit!
- Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga (45 min) – Try it!
- 3 pm
- The Fun "Build-A-Boat" races
- 4 pm
- Paddle Tug of War - Get your team together!
- 4:30 pm
- 5 pm
- All Demo Paddle Craft must return to shore.
PADDLE FEST BOOTHS & SPONSORS
- Adventure Encounter Impact Ministries
- American Canoe Association (ACA) – Paddle Sports Safety, Education and Training
- Arizona Game and Fish Department Paddle Sports and Safety Education
- Arizona Hiking Shack Outdoor Specialty Gear and Training, SUP, I.K & sit on top rentals, guided trips and outdoor adventures
- Cabela's - World's Foremost Outfitter
- City of Peoria Parks and Recreation Department Paddling Program
- Daring Adventures - Adventures for people with disabilities
- Darron Weston Guitar Entertainment
- Desert Mountain Paddlers Meet-Up
- Desert River Kayak Outfitters - Paddle trips, kayaks and paddle boards
- Fluid kayaks - sales and service
- Go Paddle AZ “SUP and kayak Lake Pleasant” rentals, tours, lessons, SUP yoga, fitness and special events
- Kayak Arizona Meet Up – We luv to yak!
- Lowergear – Your Hobie kayak dealer, kayak rentals and paddle gear
- Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department Paddling Program
- No Snow Stand Up Paddle Board Shop – Rentals, sales, tours, SUP yoga and lessons
- Paddle Arizona Meet Up
- Riverbound Sports Paddle Company – Paddle boards, inflatable kayaks, rentals, sales, lessons, paddleboard fitness and yoga classes, tours
- Riverproof – NRS dealer with sales, rentals and repairs. We carry Maravia and Aire rafts as well as Jack's plastic gear
- South By Southwest Adventures - Rentals, Guided Trips & Outdoor Adventures
- Southern Arizona Paddlers Club
- Starboard Paddle Boards
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary - Boating and paddling safety